If you’re after the best Leica Microtome service in Michigan and the surrounding areas, you can count on PathTech Services to answer all your needs. We provide all our customers with a quick response combined with minimal downtime to ensure that you’re up and running at all times. You can expect us to carry a wide inventory of various parts and deploy technicians who carry a kit of the most frequently used parts to provide you with same-day repairs.
Should you need a certain part, we’ll be sure to order the necessary part and ensure that they are shipped overnight to expedite the process. Should any kind of problem come up with the delivery of the parts you need, you can count on us to provide you with a loaner microtome for the time being. At PathTech Services, you can always count on us to provide you with the best Leica Microtome Service in Michigan.
What is a Microtome?
A microtome is a piece of equipment designed to cut the preserved tissue specimen from humans, animals, and plants. These produce an extremely thin section of the tissue to be used for study under a microscope. An operator will then place the specimen holder inside the segmented arc, then adjusts the knife carrier to match the right angle before a cut is made.
A microtome can come in various settings, such as manual, semi-automated, or fully automated. To keep the operator safe, a microtome comes with two features to stop the knife and prevent any injuries. These are the handwheel handle and the electro-mechanical handwheel brake.
A rotary-action microtome will come with the following:
- A holder for specimen
- A segment arc is used to position the specimens for sectioning
- A knife carrier that can cut through specimens with a thickness range from 0.5 to 100 microns
- A trimming block is used to cut specimens with a thickness range from 5 to 500 microns
- A waste tray section that allows for the collection of waste after the sectioning
- An operating panel
- A backlighting system or field magnifier can be added
Common Problems with a Leica Microtome
While Leica Microtomes are built to excel for their specific purpose, there are times when you may encounter a few problems. When this happens, it’s best to contact our team of professional technicians for the best Leica Microtome Service in Michigan. Here are some problems you may need help with:
- Your microtome is cutting too thin or thick: This occurs as a result of a misdiagnosis depending on the slide reader. Unfortunately, making a cut that’s too thin could make the tissue fall apart instead of adhering to the slide.
- Making excessive noise: This can be a big source of nuisance, but it could also mean that something is loose, resulting in poor sectioning.
- The microtome is hard to turn. Whether you’re using a hand wheel, a manual, or a semi-automatic microtome, it could cause a repetitive stress injury if it’s difficult to turn.
- The brake doesn’t work: This may cause the machine to malfunction and could lead to a severe injury should the operator be cut.
- The knife holder doesn’t lock: This could cause inaccuracies with each cut and can result in poor sectioning along with a potential misdiagnosis.
- The specimen head is loose: This could result in inaccurate cuts and may also lead to poor sectioning and potential misdiagnosis.
- The motor doesn’t turn: This could stop the microtome from retracting, cutting, or advancing, depending on the motor.
- The microtome has no power: This will cause the instrument to malfunction or stop it from properly working.
- The foot doesn’t work: This will only happen with manual microtomes, which will cause malfunctions during sectioning, or it may not operate at all.
Why Trust PathTech Services?
PathTech Services is an industry leader when it comes to providing top notch Leica Microtome Service in Michigan. Our technicians pay close attention to detail whilst fixing your microtome with minimal downtime. PathTech Services is family owned. We strive on developing and maintaining the best interpersonal relationships with our customers.
PathTech services stocks more parts in the industry translating into faster repairs. We also have a steady supply of loaner microtomes that you can use to quickly replace an instrument that needs repairs.
At PathTech Services, we offer plenty of services that can benefit the microtomes in your facility, such as:
Our team can provide service contracts for your microtomes. If you’re interested in a service contract, give us a list of equipment with their serial numbers, model number, and service history. Feel free to give us a call today to customize a contract that will answer all your needs.
Our service manager is at the ready to discuss the unparalleled services we offer for all Leica Instruments. Give us a call at 888.855.3316 or email email@example.com to learn more. We offer various levels of coverage agreements on a wide range of services to cater to your laboratory’s needs. Check it out below:
This is a vital part of ensuring that your microtome lasts as long as possible. It is recommended to have preventative maintenance done at least once a year. Our team can provide scheduled preventive maintenance ahead of time to ease any worries. Our 90-day preventative maintenance parts and labor warranty are the PathTech guarantee. Be sure to reach out if you’re looking to schedule preventative maintenance on your microtome.
No job is too big or too small for PathTech Services — if you’re experiencing issues regarding your Leica Microtome, be sure to contact us today. PathTech Services will provide you with a visit to diagnose your problems and to get your facility up and running. Our service manager can be reached to send a free quote for an on-site repair. With our technicians, you can ensure peak performance, avoid uncertainty, as well as maintain a high standard and quality with your equipment.
Exemplary Customer Support
PathTech Services is known for our high satisfaction rate and is loved by all those who have worked with us. Find out below why you should work with us.
Reliable Technical Support
Our service manager is at the ready to answer any questions or discuss any situation about your Leica equipment. You can count on our troubleshooting and support and speak with our technicians over the phone. Sometimes equipment issues can be solved for free over the phone with professional troubleshooting, thus saving you money.
Quality Leica Parts
We provide genuine, high-quality OEM parts so you can have the confidence you need. You can be sure that your Leica Microtome will continue to perform according to your needs.
Give us a call at 888.855.3316 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our service manager will respond promptly to any inquiry.
Apart from our stellar services and great customer service, our team at Path Tech Services has so much more to offer.
We’re Highly Trained and Qualified
We deploy the most qualified and experienced service technicians with decades of hands-on experience and on-site service. Their knowledge of Leica Microtomes is impressive, they can break down all components of a Leica Microtome and rearrange it in just 4 Hours! Apart from our technicians, our service manager is at the top of the industry and is always prepared to help you through all your needs. With years of experience, our team is always ready to provide repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting for your Leica equipment.
PathTech Services also covers every customer with our 90-day warranty on all PM services and repairs. Should you need us to return to resolve further problems after the original service call, we’ll do it for you for no additional charge. Our team’s working hours are from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., not including the holidays.
There are also many things that you will love about our services, including:
- Free quotes
- Work directly with our Service Manager
- No extra charges
- Fair costs for parts
- Complete service assurance
- On-Site repairs
- Excellent maintenance and repair services
Call PathTech Services Today
PathTech provides quality services for histopathology equipment throughout Michigan and the surrounding areas. No matter what the issue is — electrical, mechanical, or technical — we can provide you with the best repairs for all Leica microtomes. With more than 20 years of experience in the field, we can give you troubleshooting services in a flash!
Get in touch with us today to get started with your microtome needs by calling 888.855.3316 or send an email to email@example.com.